Thursday, May 16, 2013

First you take a hundred yards of . . .

Hi Everyone,

Thank you for all the questions and prayers about the Mother unit, as we refer to her around here. 

Here's the update: She is home, resting, feeling a bit feistier than usual?, and a handful right now. 

The good news today was the nurse that checks on her after each hospital stay deemed she was a bit stronger than she expected and that I should indulge in a glass of red wine at night to help lower my newly discovered, slightly high blood pressure. Before you all go off the deep end on me, yes the Dr knows and we both contribute it to the added stress of her illnesses of late. (3 hospital stays in 9 weeks. There isn't a nurse or facilitator I don't know on a first name basis at this point) So, she will be monitored and I will be monitored and we will go from there.

It seems a question I get a lot, especially on the road is how we actually 'do' handmade things and stay on the road. These people would freak out if they knew the half of it. One CHF patient, one heart patient, one very full time business and then, there is everyday life. I am thinking about trying out for the circus in my next career change because I can juggle like no one else!

The other secret tho is planned quantity.

Like one of tonight's projects.

I have needed to replenish some a lot of items on our Elements board. You know, that skinny board with all the cool tags, ribbons, naked runners and embellishments on it? 

Well, here is the secret,

Quantity

Yup, like today's adventure. I needed scrunched ribbons so I took 400 hundred yards of ribbon, added the secret sauce and started the process. Tonight, while catching up on Scandal, that show is insanely intriguing, we got 'bundles made'.
Tons and tons of beautiful bundles just waiting to go on the road for our 4 shows in 3 weeks program. They are going to look so good.

Just shoot me now . . . please! They are going to look a whole lot better than I at the end of this next leg.

Now I need to stop typing and finish the new embossed hearts I am working on. Maybe a picture before Friday for NA DA, maybe not. Who knows these days. It would also help if I had the foggiest idea as to how to finish them right now.

Here's that schedule, you read it, it drives my blood pressure up I think,


May  17 - 18  2013  -   NA DA Farm Event  2423 South Woodlawn Road, Esmond IL 

May  24 - 25  2013  - The Vintage Farmhouse Spring Market  9180 Hunt Club Road Zionsville IN

May 26  2013  -  Allegan Antiques Market, Allegan County Fairgrounds, Allegan MI


June 1- 2  2013 - The Shabby Experience @ Michigan Antique and Collectibles Festival, Midland MI


June 30  2013  -  Allegan Antiques Market, Allegan County Fairgrounds, Allegan MI

July  6  2013  -  Indie Arts and Vintage Market,  Glendale Shopping Center Parking Lot, Indianapolis IN 


I do know sitting quietly at night, creating magic does indeed lower your blood pressure. I think I will move over to my other desk now, if for nothing else, health reasons and the sheer joy it still brings,

Suz
the Muze

No comments:

Post a Comment