Monday, April 2, 2012

It was the best of times . . .

and the worst of times . .  .


I'll take Charles Dickens works for $400 Alex, the question is What is Tale of Two Cities . . . 


Hi Everyone,


Well, what a weekend we had. The weather wasn't bad, there was never really any sunshine just overcast and the folks came out by the hundreds and hundreds. It is fun to be busy, your day goes by sooo fast, and you are so tired at the end. But you end up with a bunch of new friends.


More and more, we are running into customers from past markets and shows from last year. It is so much fun to see all of them and catch up with what is going on with them. Everyone was so complementary about all the new items and we sold out of so much. (more on that in a minute)


The best thing was a first that happened on Sunday. I recognized a couple of gals, couldn't remember if it was last month here at Kane or another market but knew they were customers. And then it happened.


Meet Kelly and Erin, a couple of cool chicks.
That's Kelly on the left and Erin on the right. As I was showing them around the booth and talking about all of the new creations, Erin says,"Oh, I saw that on your blog". I froze. No one has ever told me, (outside of family and close friends whom that I insist that they read this) that they follow my blog. I was overwhelmed for a minute, partially due to shock and the bigger part due to sheer exhaustion. She actually reads my blog. It was so cool to hear those words. A picture had to capture the moment. Thank you Erin, you made my weekend for sure.

Take a look at this next picture.Be prepared to cry and then laugh It is so sad. It definitely qualified as the worse thing that happened.
We have these wonderful antique crates all over our booth and I use them to display our handmade goods. Usually chocked to the brim with handmade goodies. Well, due to the overwhelming response to everything we brought, all I had left was a whole lot of empty crates and a couple bundles of our 'naked books' and so I put a set in all four crates. It was pathetic, I actually had a friend tell me I should have been ashamed to have a display look so pitiful! It was so funny at the same time. I couldn't make a single bundle of books look good no matter what!

So this week, it is create, create, create. I will post the other new goods as well. So much work and so little time.

Thank you to all of you who go out of your way to stop and say hello, we are truly blessed to have such kind souls in our lives.

April 7 & 8    Grayslake Antique Show, Lake County Fairgrounds, Libertyville, IL

April 13, 14 & 15   Gordyville Flea Market, Gifford, IL

April 21 & 22  somewhere at a flea in WI   (details to show up soon!)

April  29  Allegan MI Antique and Flea Market


May 5 & 6   Kane County Fleas Market, Trades Building St. Charles, IL


May 13   Centerville MI


May  18 &19   NA DA Farm Event, Esmond IL

Back to work, 


Suz
the muze
our Etsy address  All My Musings 
our Facebook address  All My Musings

No comments:

Post a Comment